Neorealism Films

From what we watched in class, I think I like Neorealism. Though it's not as visually stimulating as I usually prefer in films, I found myself wanting to know what happens next. In Ladri di Biciclette, it tells you the conflict in the name, Bike Thieves. But this leaves you in a heightened suspense. When will the bike be stolen? What is Antonio Ricci going to do if he needs it for work? How will he get it back? These questions were already swirling in my head every moment we get more information. It leaves you in a state of anxiety and suspense on the edge of your seat and it really helps you identify with the characters in the story because you're feeling anxious for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inciting Incident -- Spirited Away

French New Wave

avant-garde films-- what I think